Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Introducing Brigit

Here we are in rain- and mist-drenched Ireland. I'm so glad Mom dressed us warmly (even though these are my old clothes).
Right, Honey Bunny, we are as snug as a bug in a rug (as they say). However, that is not what this post is about. We have a new friend and traveling companion, Brigit (or Bridget, or St. Bride, or--well, you get the idea). She just came to us yesterday from the nice people in the Boyne Valley Taracelebrations community. She has been with them for almost two years and was ready for a new adventure. We agreed to show her our part of Spain.
I'm so mortified that Brigit (is that how you spell her name? I'm not good at spelling....) has a beautiful shiny blue dress with lots of glittery sparkles and a new black velour cloak but I'm still wearing last year's fashions! She seems nice enough and hasn't commented on my old clothes yet, but I'm more than a little jealous.
Now HB, you look just fine to me. Bridgit is looking forward to winter in sunny Spain and we've agreed to show her a good time. We can all get along together just fine.
Oh Brown Bear, you do say the nicest things. I'll try to relax and enjoy showing Bridgit (is that how you spell it?) our ancient country. She does seem quite nice and has a lovely Mona-Lisa-like smile. She hasn't talked yet, but we'll teach her in no time at all. So, welcome Bridgit, we look forward to hearing all your stories when you learn to talk.
Well, I think she can talk already. She's just biding her time until she decides it's worth saying something. I think she's the strong, silent type--unlike some we know. I'm looking forward to learning a lot from her, in silence.
And I'm looking forward to fashion tips!

No comments:

Post a Comment